Every month, on the third Tuesday at 2 Eastern, I convene a national conference call to discuss the latest news and developments in the Presbyterian Church (USA). Please join me this Tuesday if you would like to hear The Layman’s perspective on:
- The PCUSA’s 2014 statistical report – highlighting anomalies and oddities that leave some unanswered questions
- The Presbyterian mission agency’s financial report, forecasting and the impact on global missions
- The Moderator’s remarks to the Presbyterian Mission Agency Board
- The advent of church “splants” – churches that achieve a majority vote but fail to achieve the super-majority votes required by some presbyteries for dismissal, resulting in the majority of the congregation splitting from the PCUSA to form a new church in the same community in affiliation with another Presbyterian denomination
- Update on amendment voting in presbyteries and discussion of San Gabriel’s as an exemplar of theological shift
- Update on the ongoing agony of congregations “stuck” in presbyteries with no policies, policies under review or policies that have now been amended so as to make it virtually impossible to leave
If you’ve got a particular item of concern you would like to hear addressed, please send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @carmenlaberge or @preslayman.
Call 615-280-8014 and then enter the code 501822 at 2 p.m. (EST) on May 19 to hear the latest news. After the call, the content is posted as a podcast on Layman.org.