The eyes of the world are focused on Syria. Open Doors received the prayer of a pastor, one of our partners in Syria in the relief work there. It is a moving and heart-breaking prayer. It gives insight into the suffering of the people who have decided to stay in war-torn Syria.
I weep for my country! I am so sad and speechless…
They advise me to leave my country … to emigrate. I respond saying:
- I’m staying … for the church of Jesus … that the message of Jesus may remain a light guiding those who are lost and afraid.
- I’m staying … because the harvest is plentiful … and the suffering is huge … a deep wound, a sense of despair.
- I’m staying … to follow in the footsteps of my Master who went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil.
- I’m staying … because I’m busy in the ministry of saving souls (or can someone like me run. … Lord give me strength).
- That the cup of war be taken away from our country of Syria.
- That the Lord may crush the conspiracy of the evil ones … and their war plans … and consider their threats.
- That He may send the power of His Holy Spirit on His church that it may reach out to the suffering souls … who — harassed and helpless — are like sheep without a shepherd.
- That the Lord may give us to speak with great boldness and that many wonders and signs be performed. And souls return to Christ, and there be singing and praises.
- That the Lord may send more help that the house of the Lord may have food to satisfy the needs of the internally displaced … hundreds of whom are without any shelter.
- That the Lord may send more support for the wounded and the sick who need surgery, medication and healing.
- That the Lord may send those who can help us build a center for children affected by the war, that we may be able to take care of those who have lost their supporters, and enable them to get back on their feet.
- That the Lord may send those who can help our children who are now disabled, and have special needs.
O Lord, hear and answer my prayers.